When you’re considering investments, it’s critical to do your due diligence. One of the best ways to get the information you need to make an informed decision is to ask an expert.
When evaluating different restaurant franchises, the obvious first step is to research the company. But then it’s wise to put a name & face to the business by scheduling a time to talk. Ask about the following aspects of the business:
- Mission: Find out about the company’s purpose and how it plans to foster a brand with longevity.
- Differentiated Menu: Memorable flavor profiles are important to drive repeat customers but see if the company stays ahead with new menu items that appeal to today’s diners like plant-based & gluten-free.
- Culture: Happy employees are loyal employees and that translates into better service. Find out how the company defines its culture.
- Marketing: Ask about the business’ marketing plans to drive future expansion.
- Training and Support: Ask about the type of ongoing support you can expect even once you’re up and running.
- Partnerships: To run a successful business, a foundation is key so check on how the business supports owners with tools, systems and industry experts.