SCRATCH MEXICAN GRILL
FRONT LINE, TORTILLA & SALSA STATION (Full-Time) – $8 to $10/hour
Reports to: General Manager / Assistant Manager / Supervisor
Summary of Front Line, Tortilla & Salsa Station Position:
One of the single most important responsibilities in the restaurant, the Tortilla Station is responsible for
giving our guests a friendly, enthusiastic greeting and making an outstanding first impression. Accurately
and efficiently take initial orders from guests. Educate first time guests on how our restaurant concept
works and what we have to offer.
While maintaining eye contact and focus on the guest, the Salsa Station is responsible for continuing the
preparation process as the menu item is passed from the tortilla station into the salsa station. All cold
menu items are offered to the guest and added to their item as the preparation process is completed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive attendance record by reporting to work for assigned shifts at the correct
- Meet all uniform, appearance and hygiene standards as specified by Management.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined by Management.
- Understand and follow all local health department codes, rules and regulations.
- Make eye contact and focus on each and every customer, one customer at a time; communicate
clearly and effectively to ensure guests understand the options or items offered.
- Full knowledge of recipes, ingredients, food allergens and shelf lives for all food items served.
- Understand and maintain company standards for food quality, flavor and appearance profiles of
all food items.
- Train and develop employees when called upon by Manager or Supervisor.
- Refer to daily prep sheet list at the start of each shift for assigned prep duties, and follow all
recipes and procedures for food prep required of this station.
- Demonstrate a “sense of urgency” throughout shift; AM shifts must have station prepared and
stocked for all day service at time of restaurant opening while PM shifts must breakdown and
restore the restaurant to complete cleanliness throughout the day and within 1 hour after closing
- Initiate orders quickly and efficiently while maintaining patience with first time and indecisive
- Accurately and consistently follow policies and procedures regarding portioning and the proper
assembly of menu items.
- Maintain proper food levels in order to have sufficient quantities for various sales volumes.
- Maintain “clean as you go” policy; keep station sanitized, organized and fully stocked throughout
- Follows polices of handling, storage and rotation of all food, beverage, cleaning and paper
- Understand and follow procedures to complete the successful preparation of digital orders.
- Follow all company standards and expectations for sanitation and safety.
- Follow and complete 100% of all opening and closing checklist responsibilities.
- Follow cleaning procedures and assist in daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
- Perform “side-work duties” correctly during periods of slow sales volume and end of shift;
prepare and stock shift properly for incoming shifts.
- Immediately report any equipment malfunction or failure to manager or supervisor on duty.
- Knowledge of proper use, labeling and storage of all chemicals used within the restaurant.
- Maintain clear, effective and consistent communication among fellow staff members during each
and every shift.
- Maintain culture of teamwork and respect among all fellow staff members.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and bring suggestions or feedback for improvement.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, critical thinking skills, and commitment to guest hospitality and
- Possess ability to handle and serve food with knowledge of current health department
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Minimum 1 year experience in related restaurant or customer service capacity.
- Must have valid health card or equivalent.
To apply for this job email your details to summerlinGM@zabas.com