SCRATCH MEXICAN GRILL
GRILL COOK (Full-time or Part-time) – $13/hour
Reports to: General Manager / Assistant Manager / Supervisor
Summary of Position:
The grill station is responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of menu items including meats, beans,
sauces, produce and other products. Safe and correct operation, maintaining and cleaning of major
kitchen equipment and appliances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive attendance record by reporting to work for assigned shifts at the correct
- Meet all uniform, appearance and hygiene standards as specified by Management.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined by Management.
- Follow all training procedures and perform each shift according to Ori’Zaba’s standard practices.
- Understand and follow all local health department codes, rules and regulations.
- Refer to daily prep sheet list at the start of each shift for assigned prep duties.
- Follow all recipes and standard procedures for food prep required of this station.
- Train and develop employees in trained position when called upon by Manager.
- Avoid shortages by demonstrating a “sense of urgency” throughout shift to cook and prepare
- Possess and demonstrate excellent, safe and efficient knife skills.
- Communicate often and clearly with front line staff during shift to maintain proper food levels in
order to have sufficient quantities for various sales volumes.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing dishes and dishwashing area.
- Responsible for taking trash to dumpsters as needed throughout shift using the buddy system
- Immediately inform Manager/Supervisor on duty of any product shortage.
- Maintain “clean as you go” policy; keep station sanitized and organized throughout each shift.
- Operate all equipment and appliances safely and correctly.
- Follow polices of handling, storage and rotation of all food, beverage, cleaning and paper
- Follow all company standards and expectations for sanitation and safety.
- Check and taste all food for Ori’Zaba’s standards and quality that comes from the grill station
before passing it to serve to customers.
- Follow and complete 100% of all opening and closing checklist responsibilities.
- Follow cleaning procedures and assist in daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
- Prepare and stock shift properly for incoming shifts.
- Immediately report any equipment malfunction or failure to manager on duty.
- Knowledge of proper use and storage of all chemicals used within the restaurant.
- Maintain clear, effective and consistent communication among fellow staff members during each
and every shift.
- Maintain culture of teamwork and respect among all fellow staff members.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and bring suggestions or feedback for improvement.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with Managers and fellow team members.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the ability to multitask, think critically and adapt to changes in pace while moving quickly
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Minimum 1 year experience in kitchen preparation and cooking. Some knife skills preferred.
- Must have valid health card or equivalent.