Reports to: General Manager / Assistant Manager
Summary of Position:
Support and assist the Assistant Manager and General Manager in the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and assist the Assistant Manager and General Manager in duties related to the successful operations of the restaurant and Provide suggestions and feedback as needed.
- Represent the image and culture of Ori’Zaba’s Mexican Grill and act as a role model for the entire staff. Lead by example by maintaining high standards and expectations for quality, service, cleanliness and food safety.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures and hold employees accountable for following them as well. Enforce all policies and report findings up the chain of command.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Support the restaurant by working any roll that reports to Ori’Zaba’s Supervisors.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure flavor and appearance profiles of all food items; full knowledge of recipes, ingredients, food allergens and shelf lives for every item in the restaurant.
- Assist and support the management team in the development of a strong, successful staff through recruiting, training, and perpetual coaching and development.
- Check and taste all food for Ori’Zaba’s standards and quality that come from the grill station and any prep stations before passing it to be serve to customers.
- Respond to and resolve guest comments or concerns in a positive manner; educate and empower all staff members to respond and act in a similar manner as well. Always serving the guests by responding to their concerns with swift action. Proprietary and Confidential. Ori’Zaba’s Scratch Mexican Grill.
- Ensure that all equipment, small appliances and kitchen fixtures are clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the company’s preventative maintenance programs. Prepare and enforce cleaning list for all staff to use on a bi-weekly basis.
- Walk hourly figure 8s around the restaurant, checking equipment and their temperatures, staff productivity, sales figures and food quality.
- Attend all scheduled staff meeting as required by your home General Manager.
- Knowledgeable and efficient in all administrative duties; maintain accurate food, paper and beverage orders, send proficient daily emails and keep organization of all office supplies.
- Ensure Safety and security awareness within the restaurant; respond and document all incidents, resolve all un-safe situations promptly.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Manage prep and portioning levels in all stations; keeping track of proper food and paper product rotation and correct receipt of deliveries, communicating with management any issues.
- Communicate professionally and respect all vendor relationships; salesman, service providers, local government inspectors and landlords.
- Communicate daily using the Z-Book, checking all required categories in the book and reading through days missed due to absence.
- Be knowledgeable of the Ori’Zaba’s Handbook, portion guides, POS system functions, promotions, and any documents necessary to work any hourly positions.
- Minimum 16 years of age with reliable transportation.
- Communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Knowledge of hospitality, service, food and beverage industry, generally involving at least one year of operations experience in an Shift Supervisor position.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system.
- Possess basic computer skills including, but not limited to; Google Chrome, Microsoft office software (word, excel, etc.) and G-mail.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 40 to 45 hours per week.