OriZaba’s Cares – Green Fest at Downtown Summerlin Was a Huge Success.
Last weekend Ori’Zaba’s was thrilled to be the premier food sponsor at the downtown Summerlin Green Fest, the largest Earth Day festival in Southern Nevada.
The traffic at the festival on Saturday was hectic
We are always thrilled when we can give back to the community in a meaningful way, through our Ori’Zaba’s cares program. The festival was expecting very large crowds (estimated up to 60,000 people!) and so Ori’Zaba’s started preparing early several, days in advance, to make sure we had enough food to feed the masses with our delicious food.
And it took a village! Because of these large volumes, and our desire to not disrupt any of our restaurants and our valued guest, we split the effort between three of our locations: Flamingo, Silverado and Durango.
- 22 pounds of shrimp chopped into quarter inch pieces, to make nearly 400 servings of ceviche.
- Over 1000 pounds of meat!
- Pound upon pounds of spices, beans, and marinades
- Washed and chopped (literally til we dropped) tomatos, jalapenos, limes, onion and cucumbers – 42 lbs of lettuce ALONE!
- Shredded 25 lbs of cheese
- Cooked meats and rice
- Preparing batch after batch of fresh salsa and guacamole
YIKES! Now we had to transport all our fresh ingredients and prepared items! This task required 5 vehicles, once in the am, once afternoon, staged the night before.
Wow nice teamwork from the Ori’Zaba’s staff.
And the results were incredible.
We love our fell Vegas neighbors who also care about our planet.
Dont forget about our Ori’Zaba’s Cares blood drive! Please consider donating to help a wonderful cause!
Durango location – Tuesday 5/8
Downtown Summerlin location – Wednesday 5/9
Grand Canyon location – Thursday 5/10
Flamingo location – Friday 5/11
Silverado Ranch location – Saturday 5/12