Whether looking out towards an ocean, sunset or skyline view, outdoor seating adds value by boosting a restaurant’s revenue potential. In fact, the Chicago Tribune recently reported that alfresco dining can increase a location’s revenue by up to 30 percent.
Why do outdoor spaces increase restaurant sales?
- Passersby see diners outside, attracting them to come in
- The extra space increases seating capacity
- Outdoor dining enhances the environment and energy, reflecting positively on the establishment’s brand
- A patio improves a location’s curb appeal
- Eating outside gives diners the impression of a fresher, healthier experience
Keep in mind that even a simple space can be enough to appeal to diners; you don’t need a location with fancy fireplaces or TVs to influence them. So if you’re looking for a franchise business that’s optimized to drive visibility and sales, consider a company that features an outdoor dining space as part of their standard build out.